Equality and Diversity
Our Vision for Equality and Diversity
Our vision for equality and diversity goes beyond complying with the public sector equality duty and establishing processes to achieve change.
As part of our ongoing interaction with our local community, employees, members, partners and providers, we will endeavor to be pro-active and monitor progress made towards reducing health inequalities for our patients and carers.
Commissioning and Contracting
In respect of our commissioning and procurement activities:
- We will endeavour to ensure that the purchase of goods, services and facilities is undertaken in line with our equality and diversity commitments.
- We will endeavour to use providers and suppliers who share our values on equality of opportunity and diversity.
- We will endeavour to establish procedures to ensure that businesses from diverse communities have an equal opportunity of competing for collaborative procurement contracts to supply goods and services to the CCG.
This section of the website is where we will publish Equality Impact Analyses (EIAs) to reflect the equality and diversity work and developments of our organisation. A blank screening tool used for smaller business cases and a full EIA template for larger service work can be found in the box at the top right hand of the page.
In regard to employment:
- We will not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation in the allocation of employees employed in any post.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
- We will develop employees in order that they understand the context of and the specific issues influencing equality and diversity.
- All employees of CCG are required to treat patients, carers and colleagues with dignity and respect.
- We support and adhere to family-friendly and flexible working policies